March 21, 2010

Keeping test leads organized and handy


A few years ago I bought a roll of test-lead wire and various styles of banana plugs and test clips to make my own test leads. The problem has always been with storage. For years they were all just stuffed in a drawer that, as you can imagine, became a mess--a rat's nest of wires and such. I don't have a lot of space around my bench for hanging test leads, but when I was reorganizing things the other day, I found a length of plastic angle stock (don't remember what I bought it for), and decided it would make a nice test lead rack.

I drilled a series of holes along one face of the stock, just big enough to put a banana plug in, then mounted the strip vertically next to my bench. Now the test leads I need are easily accessible and tangle-free!

73 de aa0ms

No comments:

Post a Comment